Kyle's right eye is black and blue and very swollen because of the surgery. It looks like a plum. But he was able to open his left eye once in a while. He could answer our questions with a "yes or no" nod of his head. He was also able to squeeze our hands with his right hand. He nodded "yes" when I asked him if he could feel me rub his left arm. All of this is a great sign of hope.
Tuesday, March 2, 2010
Monday March 1, 2010
Kyle was scheduled to have his next Cat-Scan between midnight and 2:00 a.m.. I watched the clock as I laid in bed read: 1:00, 2:00, 3:00, and finally at 4:00 the relief that the hospital had not called allowed me to finally get some much need sleep. Once at the hospital, the nurse informed us that Kyle had been stable all night and that his Cat-Scan read 9mm. That was great news! His brain will swell for the next three to four days, so 9mm is great. In our prayers we are specifically praying for 9mm or less.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Thanks for the update, Lynette! I like your title, Road to Recovery!
ReplyDeleteWe are thinking and praying for you! I love you dearly! Take care of yourself too!
ReplyDeleteLynette, this is Greg. I play ball with Kyle. I give him as much crap as he gives me....which is a lot! I'm out of the country, and have been eager for news of Kyle. Thanks for taking the time to fill us in. Our prayers are with you all.
ReplyDeleteBig prayers from Texas! And as you are probably aware Everything is BIGGER in Texas:) You have prayers from even little Kylee, who I swear has a direct connection with the Man upstairs. 4 yrs with no luck....she starts praying for a sister and hello baby Ashlynn. I'm glad to hear the swelling is going down and he is doing better. Keep strong and we love you.
ReplyDelete