


The reason why we have not posted recently was because there hasn't been much news to report, but yesterday I received some more details from the radiation doctor. I am now on the home stretch-- my last day of chemo and radiation will be June 3, 2010. I am counting down the days.
They initially told me that I would have a couple of weeks off after the radiation treatment before I would need to start the chemo again. But the truth is I get a month off. I am going to party the whole month of June. Send me your ideas of how I can make the most of this month.
Since this picture (about a week ago) I have lost all of my hair on both sides. It was falling out everywhere so Lynette took the clippers and shaved everything off. The right side of my head is very red and radiated. The left side is stark white. The radiation doctor said the white side is because it is the out bound radiation. There is hair loss but not the burnt look.
I really like the results of a radiation lotion that my sister, Melanie, discovered. It has been working to reverse the skin damage. It is called DermaRad by Therametics. 1-800-990-6552 or http://www.therametics.com/ I would highly recommend it if you know someone going this.
Br. Denning, you look great! Happy June!
ReplyDeleteI say we hit Ruth's Chris to party it up and gain you back a few pounds... We can filter everyone's calories to your plate then it will be ideal for ALL!!! Congrats you are doing awesome and we are so happy!!!
ReplyDeleteI chuckle at the title of this post--
ReplyDeleteAt a glance it will tell you if you are the glass half-full or half-empty type.
Bishop, Edin just asked "Why the Bishop have owie on him head?" I was happy he recognized you and wanted to tell you we haven't forgotten about you. What I mean to say is, we think of you often and love you so much.
ReplyDelete